Respecting Choices is an internationally recognized evidence-based advance care planning program that is dramatically different from other programs. Its approach is systematic and staged, based on a person’s state of health. This program understands the big picture: advance care planning is an ongoing process of communication integrated into the routine of patient-centered care, resulting in honoring individuals’ informed health care decisions. Register for this class today, space is limited! http://bit.ly/2vN1ovC
This First Steps advance care planning facilitator training will enable participants to guide any healthy adult who may have a chronic illness but has never prepared an advance care plan. The goals of this process are to:
a) motivate planning
b) assist in selecting a qualified health care agent/decision-maker
c) provide instructions for goals of care in the event of a permanent or severe neurologic injury
d) compete a basic document
The Respecting Choices model of planning has been shown to:
- Assist in providing care and treatment that is consistent with patient goals and values.
- Ensure plans are clear and available to care providers.
- Integrate easy-to-understand plans into medical decision-making.
- Result in high patient and family satisfaction with planning discussions.
- Increase surrogate’s understanding of patient’s goals of care.
- Decrease decisional conflict.
- Create positive impact on surviving loved ones by reducing stress, anxiety and depression.
Upon enrollment, you will receive access to online modules to be completed prior to class. These modules are required for certification on the day of this training. We thank you for your interest, and we hope you can join us! http://bit.ly/2vN1ovC
For more information, contact Dr. Mary Mulcahy: email@example.com