LIFE MATTERS MEDIA STAFF
Throughout 2018, Life Matters Media and our expert contributors covered a variety of end of life-related issues.
Here’s a look back at some of the stories that resonated most with readers and were widely shared on social media.
- Feeling Lonely Or Alone? Bored Or Empty? by Susan M. Mathews, PhD, RN, MSBE
“It’s a hidden killer of the elderly and a serious public health challenge, as loneliness is causing widespread declines in physical and cognitive capacity. Loneliness plagues older women especially, because they are more likely to outlive their male loved ones.”
- ‘End Game’ Is The Documentary Film America Needs by Daniel Gaitan
“You’ve been dealt a hand of cards. We could wish we had different cards, or we could play a different game, but this is where we are now.”
- A Brazen Con Artist: The $20 Million Hospice Fraud Featured on CNBC’s ‘American Greed’ by Daniel Gaitan
“Passages Hospice didn’t just harm vulnerable patients and their families.”
- An Advance Directive For Every Jewish Patient by Daniel Gaitan
“Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has created a new advance health care directive to meet the needs of the nation’s diverse Jewish population.”
- One Woman’s ‘Rampage’ To Get Americans Talking More About Death – And A Lot Less About Money by Daniel Gaitan
“Patient advocate and storyteller Kimberly Paul is living her dream by sharing the gospel of death.”
- Kylie Minogue ‘Dancing’ With Death On New Single by Daniel Gaitan
“Australian pop princess Kylie Minogue dances with death on her new hit single.”
- Mr. Rogers Wasn’t Afraid To Talk About Death by Daniel Gaitan
“Get your favorite cardigan ready — and stuff it with tissues.
Focus Features released the highly anticipated trailer for Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, the new documentary on Fred Rogers.”
- Mr. Connolly, An Inspiration To Students, Dies From ALS by Daniel Gaitan
“A beloved New Hampshire principal who inspired his students to live life to the fullest while facing a terminal illness died Sunday morning. He was 62.”
- Deadly Delirium by Jennifer Brokaw, MD
“The day I showed up at the hospital, Pat’s nightmare had been running almost ceaselessly for several weeks.”
- Nebraska Passes ‘Right To Try’ Legislation by Life Matters Media staff
“A controversial new Nebraska law will allow terminally ill patients to experiment with drugs not approved by the Food and Drug Administration.”